How to pick your perfect wedding dress
Tracy Brewill has 20 years’ experience as a design consultant at Brides of Bond Street. She tells us her top tips on how to…
Tracy Brewill has 20 years’ experience as a design consultant at Brides of Bond Street. She tells us her top tips on how to find the perfect wedding dress for you.
Many of our brides come into our showroom with pictures of catwalk gowns, using this as their inspiration for a perfect wedding dress.The first thing to understand is that everyone is different and everyone will find their perfect dress.
My top tips are:
- Whilst discount warehouses and internet sites have their place, you don’t get the expertise you will get from an experienced bridal consultant.
- Use pictures as a way to explain to your consultant how you want to look on your big day. However allow them to use their experience to choose some styles to try.
- Be open minded about styles, as many brides choose a dress that they may not have even considered trying on.
- Remember that bespoke designs do not have to be any more expensive than off the peg dresses. At Brides of Bond Street we design all of our gowns in house and they are then made at our own factory in Leicester, prices start at just £500. Most shops now offer a budget range, where you can buy less expensive dresses and still get good service.
- Your experience of buying a wedding dress should be exciting and the service offered to you outstanding. If you want the experience to be a good one, use your gut instinct. Make sure they make you feel special.
- Finally choosing a dress at a wedding show can be a brilliant experience! And very cost effective as many exhibitors offer good discounts. Have fun trying on dresses! If it feels right buy it! Remember you are not just buying a dress you are buying a lifelong memory.
Come see Tracy Brewill from Brides of Bond Street at stand C20 at The West Midlands Wedding Fair, 21st-22nd of October.