Top 10 Tips To Save Money On Your Wedding
With the average UK wedding now costing £16,000 plus the honeymoon, savvy couples are finding creative ways to save on their wedding. If you…
With the average UK wedding now costing £16,000 plus the honeymoon, savvy couples are finding creative ways to save on their wedding. If you are looking to keep your wedding day costs down, regular Wedding Fair exhibitor – Wedding ConneXions – has some simple tips.
1. Consider off-peak to potentially save thousands! Venue hire is the single biggest expense for couples, taking up a third of the overall budget, so avoiding popular summer Saturdays will save you money. Nearly half UK weddings now take place on a non-Saturday, so consider a Friday wedding which will be viewed by many of your guests as a lovely start to the weekend. Half of weddings still take place between July-September, so you will get the biggest venue discounts for November, January and February dates when only 5% of weddings take place.
2. Hold your ceremony and reception in one place as it will cut travel time for those suppliers you pay by the hour. Nearly 60% of ceremonies now take place at the wedding reception venue.
3. Cut the guest list. This will slash your catering costs and save on invitations and even the number of centrepieces. While most couples will start their wedding planning expecting to have 100 receptions guests, the final number of guests invited to the wedding breakfast is usually 80.
4. Have a buffet. If you cannot cut the guest list consider replacing a formal sit-down meal with a stylish wedding buffet. Seating all your guests and serving each course is the most expensive option because of the number of waiting staff involved, so a buffet can make financial sense.
5. Have bigger tables so you need fewer centrepieces and tablecloths.
6. Stick to one or two kinds of flowers. Swap out costly flowers and use flowers that are in season. Use more greenery and non-floral pieces, like seashells or fruit.
7. Offer beer, wine and a signature cocktail instead of a full bar.
8. Order a one or two-tier wedding cake and keep the add-ons simple. Hold back on exotic fillings.
9. Give out one favour per couple and consider making your own.
10. Visit stand J20 at the ExCeL Wedding Fair to get the free Voucher Card from Wedding ConneXions, giving special discounts with over one hundred wedding suppliers based in London and the South-East.
About Wedding ConneXions
Wedding ConneXions is the first discount Voucher Card aimed at London’s wedding market. It gives various discounts with 134 wedding suppliers who have joined the Wedding ConneXions Network.
Launched in 2014, the Voucher Card is provided free to brides and grooms-to-be visiting major London wedding shows and can also be requested online. Couples contact suppliers directly to receive their discount. Since launch, 6434 brides and grooms have registered for the Voucher Card. For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.weddingconnexions.co.uk