Top 15 things to ask your wedding venue
Dallas Bayliffe, Weddings Manager, at Nailcote Hall Hotel, Golf and Country Club tells us the 15 questions you should be asking your wedding venue….
Dallas Bayliffe, Weddings Manager, at Nailcote Hall Hotel, Golf and Country Club tells us the 15 questions you should be asking your wedding venue.
When looking at venues there are certain questions you should ask to get the best experience and minimise the financial surprises that may occur.
Firstly dates and pricing, this is your opportunity to ask all the questions about price changes and seasonal deals and discounts.
• What are your peak season months? Does the price change? Are weddings on a Fri/Sun discounted?
The capacity of the venue and accommodation are important details to be aware of when planning who you will be inviting. The following questions should help you guide the conversation when discussing this.
• Can you hold more than one wedding a day? If so can I have exclusive use?
• Are the bedrooms included in my wedding price? If not do you offer discounted wedding rates?
The details of the ceremony are key to planning all areas of the wedding, so by being aware of these details you’ll be prepared for other companies questions about set up and you’ll know who to contact with queries on the day.
• Will we be able to set up the day before?
• Do you have a bridal dressing room?
• Who will be running my wedding?
At the wedding reception there will be a lot of choices to make… By asking these questions you can learn everything you need to know and you’ll be able to plan your reception around the answers.
• Can we choose our own menu? Can I give my guests a choice menu? is there a chance to try the menu before our wedding?
• Do you cater for allergies/vegetarians/vegans?
• Do you allow external caterers?
The evening reception is where some venues may differ greatly, by asking these questions you’ll understand what is included in the price and what you will have to organise separately.
• Do you allow a DJ/Band? When can they set up, and where do our guests go at that time?
• Do you have a noise limiter?
• What are your bar prices and closing time? Do you take card payments?
Finally here are some extra questions which you will want to ask to prepare for all eventualities.
• What is your bad weather option?
• How much is the deposit and can I change my date if I need to in the future?
• Can you show us the best photograph opportunities?
Nailcote Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club will be at The West Midlands Wedding Fair on the 21st – 22nd of October 2017, see them at stand B16.